Average Apartment Electric Bill
Then adjust your energy use to start saving money on your bill.
Average apartment electric bill. Electricity is more costly and could come in at around 160 per month. Whether it s more square footage to heat or more residents using power you ll typically have a higher utility bill if you rent a bigger apartment. Another apartment essential that s easily overlooked is internet. Learn more about residential electricity in california.
Industrial electricity in california. Average electric bill per bedroom. Average household utility costs by metropolitan area. Depending on where you live hot or cold climates and how much energy you consume this could be your biggest expense.
If you have roommates this cost may go down to about 10 percent. Renters may pay about 20 percent of rent on utilities. A study from the u s. The average monthly residential electricity bill in california is 88 which ranks 42nd in the nation and is 17 76 less than the national average of 107 per month.
One bedroom 2 residents. Use your unit s size and location to estimate your average electrical bill. The general rule of thumb is that the larger your apartment is the more utilities you will use. The average electric bill for 1 bedroom apartments is roughly 90 per month if you live alone but it could go up by 45 or more if you live with roommates in a 3 bedroom apartment.
The average amount of electricity used was 914 kilowatt hours and the average cost of electricity was 12 87 cents per kilowatt hour. The average utility bill for a typical renter household will cost approximately 240 excluding internet cable and streaming services. For example if your roommates leave their computers on for 10 hours a day every day or love blasting the ac at max your total electric bill could be 25 more. If you are unsure of what to expect for heating costs ask the landlord what type of heating is in the apartment and call the utility company and ask for the average monthly bill for that address.
Customers in tennessee use the most electricity 1 283 kilowatt hours to be exact. The utility bill for your new home will depend on lots of things but most importantly where you live and how many people you live with.
- Best Banks For First Time Home Buyers With Bad Credit
- Best Way To Pay Off Mortgage In 15 Years
- Best Way To Turn In A Leased Car
- Best Credit Cards For Mid 600 Score
- Best Place To Get Mortgage With Low Credit Score
- Average Yearly Cost Of Electricity
- Backdoor Roth Ira Vs Taxable Account
- Benefits Of Saving For Retirement Early
- Best Checking Account Bonus
- Bank Of America Credit Line Increase Myfico
- Average Weekly Grocery Bill For Family Of 5
- Bankruptcy 3 Years
- Benefits Of Cash Buyer House
- Bi Weekly Mortgage Calculator Comparison
- Best Side Hustle Jobs
- Best Way To Get Into Rental Properties
- Best Companies In The World To Invest In
- Bank Teller Pros And Cons
- Best States For Property Investment
- Average Weekly Living Expenses Australia